3.8.06

It's not quite a Jaguar...


(Photo by jschultz)

Further to the anger and rage filled post of recent times, the motor situation is resolved. In fact, I'm a happy child, waiting as I am for the collection of a new (well, new used) car. I'm not really in the verbose frame of mind this evening, and I haven't the time (for which read, can't be bothered) to learn about new/old hip hop. So I shall quietly celebrate the fact that I will soon be remobilised and ready to face the world. Hurray for the technology of the nineteenth century.

I post: Car Trouble by Red Pony Clock. I don't really like it, but it seems appropriate. It appears to be one of those post-Neutral Milk Hotel kind of bands, where there's a horn, a fuzz bass and a lazy, untutored vocal approach, even a three-random-words band name. The more I listen to it, the more NMH-esque it becomes. For all I know about this band, it could be Jeff Mangum, but I very much doubt it. The chap seems to have a bit more nous, a bit more sense than to retread old ground so familiarly.

Red Pony Clock - Car Trouble

They Shoot Horses Don't They? I thought, aha, this is this band I've been hearing about but haven't actually listened to! Alack, no, it's a Welsh band named Racing Cars that released a song of this title in 1976, and came up when I searched for 'cars' just now on Soulseek. It's actually pretty great - far more interesting than Red Pony Clock, not least for singer Morty's voice (no, not Mortiis). It's gritty but pretty, to coin a phrase.

Racing Cars - They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

Buy Red Pony Clock/Racing Cars

Tags: ; ; ; ; ;

No comments: